We are happy to present to you the new video tutorial “Felted boots”.
Marina Klimchuk is well known in Russia. She was one of the pioneers who adopted the traditional art of making felted boots elevating them to urban fashion. Many of her students are now successful crafters. She will share the technique and philosophy of making felted boots with you.
3-hour video tutorial contains the following topics:
- Taking custom measurements and creating custom templates (patterns) 3D shape (the boot) shrinks in a pretty complex non-linear way during felting and fulling process. Marina will explain how to modify the template (resist) in order to achieve the perfect shape.
- Felting and fulling techniques for creating a stable felt suitable for boots as everyday footwear When is your felt ready? This question is crucial for footwear. Marina will list the criteria of good professional felt for felted boots.
- Shaping your boots. Professional tools which can be helpful (and how to succeed with minimum tools)
- Attaching the sole to the boots Type of soles that can be used.
- Finish final shaping and putting extra-seams for stability (stabilizing the heel counter and the toe box).
You will get one-of-a-kind boots, stylish and comfortable. You can see some of Marina’s models in the trailer.
Some felting experience, and/or, some shoe-making experience is desired. Our tutorials explain the working process from A to Z, but you will need some experience and patience to go through it. Making felted boots which have a real craftsmanship, requires some equipment (which is listed in the trailer). For ambitious beginners it makes sense to start with felted slippers tutorial in order to get familiar with “strong felt”.
Buy it now, and you will learn something new about felting! After the payment the download link will be sent to your e-mail in 24 hours (please indicate your email if it is different from your pay pal address). Any questions concerning payment and delivery please address to email@example.com (Olga Kazanskaya). Please, address your “felting” questions to the same address, they will be forwarded to the instructor.
This videotutorial is
Quality: HD video
Includes 20-page handout with a layout and explanations in English, French or German. The handout contains all the text of the video and can be very helpful for people without an English background (you can get any combinations of languages, for example, En + Fr).
Your mother language is Spanish, Chinese or Hindi? - no problem! you can simply pass the English text file through Google translator and get a comprehensive text in your language.